Thursday 21 November 2013

I hate space*

I'd always thought the BFI IMAX was a gigantic cyber-age Lego piece, carelessly left behind by a baby alien on a recent family holiday to Waterloo. Turns out that it's actually one of the best nights out in London.

On Monday at eighteen hundred hours, I boarded the iconic multicoloured cylinder for the first time to watch Gravity in 3D.

I arrive through the screening room's double doors, crane back my neck to take in the sheer enormity of London's biggest screen, and buckle down in my sturdy red armchair.

Suddenly, a spotlight is ignited; a man appears, dramatically introduces the film and vanishes as quickly as he materialised.

The next ninety one minutes are intense. I'm talking butterflies in the stomach, blinding headiness, deafening silence, crushing claustrophobia, forlorn infinity and baited breath.

Of course, a $100 million Hollywood production starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney was never going to have much gravitas as far as the plot is concerned, but it's the spectacle we're here for.

Now I've experienced 3D like this, I wouldn't want it any other way.

* I don't really hate space but that was my favourite quote from the film!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe! Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did! The 3D effects were amazing!! :P

    I laughed when she said "I hate space" XDD

    Amy || kekidoll.com

    ReplyDelete